Peebles - Worst customer service

1.9
Layout of Store

I went into the Peebles in Manassas Virginia looking for a pair sunglasses. And walked around the store for 10 mins with no one asking if i needed any help or even greeted. I ended up leaving the store, i ended up calling the store asking for the manager to complain and she pretty much blew me off....needless to say i will not go back to that store and waste anymore of my time or my money.

Peebles in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware - No customer service/no caring attitude

received my peebles credit card bill for 66.69....25.70 as for late fee and interest..when i called the credit card company they said i was eligible for 15.00 credit...i said no that i want the late fee refunded and the 2.00 interest put back...she said hold on and when she came back she said the late charge could be handled but not the 2.00 fee...i gave up and said i would pay the entire bill but include my cut up peebles charge cards and that my wife and myself would never buy anything from peebles for ourselves or 11 grandchildren..that didn't faze her and she said goodbye..i wrote the same thing to peebles on their website...they never returned a response...it is obvious in this time of competitive retail that some companies realize how important customer service and satisfaction are. i guess peebles has to much business and doesn't care.

Product or Service Mentioned: Peebles Customer Care.

Peebles Staff Review from Clemmons, North Carolina

The peebles located in madison north carolina seems great when you first walk in. The sales women (most of them) are very friendly and polite.

But my problems started when a older woman was called to the front to help the young girl check out customers. The older woman was irrated by just being up front. When i got to the register i was expecting friendly service, the young girl that was working the register in the line i just left was very friendly and polite to each customer, she also appologized for the wait to each customer. But i was ready to leave, i had to be at work soon.

So i went to the other register. The older woman was completely rude. She did not greet me when i got to the register, she never once made eye contact, she was very roughly taking the security slarms off my items. When i ws asked to apply for a peebles card, i said no, that just made this woman that much ruder.

I paid with my debit card, after swiping my card she asked me to pick 3 magizines. I declined the magazines and that made her even ruder. She looked at me for the first time during this whole transaction and said, thanks for nothing. Handed me my receipt, looked at the customers behind me and told them to go back to the young girls line.

The young girl had got her line down to 2 customers but i still see this as rude and disrespectful!! I had watched the young girl try to make each customer happy as they left the store, this old woman was the opposite. She did not care if i left the store upset, mad, sad, or anything. The store itself is great.

But avoid the old woman with glasses. She is the only one that does not put effort into helping us customers. I have heard others talk about her as well. I do hope tgat who ever the manager is puts this woman in her place very soon.

If not then this location is going to be loseing alot of customers. Why get mad at me bacause i do not want a credit card from peebles? Why get mad at me bevause i do not want any magazines.

If you go to this store deal with the other women!!!!!! Avoid the old one with glasses and long hair!!!!!!!!

Comments

I know that the staff,young or old,is graded on opening accounts & getting people to accept the magazines.It can be a very stressful situation for the customer as well as the associate.If you do not meet your goal disciplinary action will be taken up to & including termination.The staff can be very limited sometime only 2 associates working at a time with the work load of 6+.In retail what you see is not always the whole story.There is so much customers don't see or understand going on behind the scenes.I am speaking from experience,as I currently work for this retailer.

Peebles - Overall Impression Review from Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania

Beware the shiny new stores coming to your community. They move in , open up and give credit to everyone.

The prices look good at grand opening .

Later , you will be horrified and surprised to see the interest rate on the credit and find out the merchandise wa is all imported low quality junk! To top it off they have the highest interest rated in the industry and don't dare miss a payment they will hit you with late fees, and penalty interest increases that will make your head spin and your bank account disappear!

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Just like everywhere. Read before you sign.

Don't buy on credit. Don't pay late, not even 1day late.

Peebles in Atlanta, Georgia - Terrible ordering problems

Order online. Sent me the wrong product and cancelled the other.

Called customer service and they didn't care I received the wrong product and wasn't going to refund what was taken from my gift cert.

Then they said they would put the amount on my credit card,I didn't want that so finally they said they would issue me the amount on a cert. But I haven't received that yet and I paid for shipping on what was cancelled. Also I am stuck with K cups I wont be drinking so my gift cert.was wasted. I will not be shopping at their stores or online.

They were not much interested in my problem. Didn't care for the info I received.

Reason of review: Not as described.